Southern Pain Specialists is committed to compassionately diagnosing and treating your pain. Please take a few minutes to read the following information about policies and procedures. This will allow SPS to care for you better and more efficiently. Please call the office at (205) 995-9967 if you have any questions about any of the information contained here.
Thank you for allowing us to care for you.
- Southern Pain Specialists does not keep narcotic medications on premises.
- Prescription refills are taken Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. ONLY. We guarantee that these will be processed.
- Southern Pain Specialists enforces a strict NO TOLERANCE POLICY against aggressive or abusive patient behavior that is directed at physicians, administrative or medical staff, or toward other patients. Patients who violate this policy will be immediately discharged from the practice.
- Southern Pain Specialists will not provide telephone consultations with patients. It is necessary for patients to come in for follow-up appointments so we can personally discuss test results, medications, and other matters relating to your care.
- We understand that at times it is necessary to change or cancel an appointment; however, without a minimum of 24 business hours notice Southern Pain Specialists is not able to fill the canceled appointment time. We must charge patients $25 for office visits that are missed or canceled less than 24 business hours in advance of the scheduled appointment time. Insurance Companies do not cover these charges.
- Procedures require hours of staff time to schedule and coordinate, as well as the time of Southern Pain Specialists, strives to perform necessary procedures on patients as soon as is possible. We consistently have several patients waiting for procedures.
- Procedures require hours of staff time to schedule and coordinate, as well as the time of the physician, hospital staff, insurance companies, etc. Patients who cancel a procedure without providing a minimum of 24 business hours notice to SPS from the scheduled procedure time or who miss a procedure will be charged $150. Insurance companies do not cover this charge.